Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Week 10 - The half-way mark

This week marks the halfway point for this year's CSA. I have created a short survey to get some feedback on how your experience has been so far. 

There will be more summer stuff, squash, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, garlic and okra throughout the rest of the season, but there will also be sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, turnips, radishes, peas, kale, swiss chard and salad mix. I hope that some winter squash will make it into the shares in October as well as another round of cabbage and broccoli around the same time. 
This weeks share includes:

2 lbs tomatoes
baby potatoes
swiss chard
flower bouquet
and oregano and thyme for drying

Here is a link on how to dry out herbs like oregano and thyme. I will give the herbs to you in paper bags you can use to dry them in to make the process a little easier.

I hope you enjoy the flowers. I will have smaller sunflowers for the rest of the season, along with a couple of other varieties. If you want more bouquets, let me know and I will try to make them available when you come to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment