Friday, February 28, 2014

I am looking for a Work Share Member!

That sounds great, Mike, but what is a Work Share Member? Well, thank you for asking - imaginary person that is helping me get this post started - a work share is a CSA member that trades their labor for a weekly share of produce from my garden. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with some gardening experience to work on a one acre garden and see how produce is marketed to the community.



The member will work one day a month for a 4 hour period harvesting, planting, working or doing whatever else needs to get done in the garden. In return, the member will receive a weekly share of produce that can be picked up from my house each week.

I think that one of my roles as a market grower (a fancy term for those of us not ready to call ourselves farmers) is to introduce people to the process of growing food. I know farmers who started out as work shares. It is a great way to get to spend some time taking part in local agriculture. Also, I am awesome, and you will get to hang out with me for 4 hours every month, which is pretty great.

If you are interested or if you know someone who might be interested, please tell them to email me at marvinsgp@gmail.com and put work share in the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment