Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Rain!!!

I woke up this morning to a nice rain storm moving through, and I went back to sleep. And for the next 90 minutes, I dreamt about flooded fields and unharvestable produce, ruined by a case of the soggies. When I woke up again, the worst had passed and although the walkways between my rows were filling up with water, all of the beds were safely above water level.


water in between the rows, I'm alright with that


Enough about weather, I am glad to have the rain. Spring greens are looking great and I will start harvesting some of the baby greens this week. I will probably be going around to a few local restaurants to see if I can find any takers.

Plant Sale on 5/16 and 5/17

I will have lots of heirloom tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumber, watermelon, artichoke, zinnias, sunflowers, basil and parsley available for purchase. Plants will be priced between $1 and $3.

Farmer's Markets coming soon!

I will be participating in two farmer's markets this season, one on the U of L campus on Thursdays from 3 to 6 PM starting on 5/29.


I will also be at the Beechmont market on Saturdays starting on 6/14.

CSA Shares are Available

Shares will start 5/25 and you will receive $15 of produce on a weekly basis. You can pay weekly, or $300 for the season.






No comments:

Post a Comment