Monday, May 12, 2014

I Dream of Gardening

It occurs to me that I don't have a lot to say every week, but I want to have a weekly glimpse of the garden so that I can look back on these posts in the coming years and know where I was on a given day this season. Last night I had two dreams that I remember about gardening, I don't usually remember any of my dreams. They both involved carrying or pulling vegetables up a hill, and in both dreams I had so much produce I couldn't get up the hill. If any psychologists read this, I am sure they'll have a field day. Anyway, here's my snapshot of the garden this week:

A few weeks ago, I told you those rows would be green soon...

I will be starting at the U of L's new farmer's market in a couple of weeks. Early offerings will include salad and braising mixes, kale, collard and swish chard bunches, green onions, turnips, radishes, kohlrabi, broccoli, carrots, peas and new potatoes. Squash, cucumbers, garlic scapes, cauliflower and cabbage shouldn't be too far behind if all goes well. I will also have herbs like parsley, basil, cilantro, sage, oregano, mint, salad burnet, lovage, sorrel, chives, fennel and lots more.

Plant Sale 5/16 and 5/17

This weekend I will be selling plants, mostly tomatoes and peppers along with a few herbs, and having a little garage sale. Stop by if you like weird tomato and pepper varieties. They will be for sale.


The sun is out and I am tired of sitting inside, enjoy your spring day!

-mike

No comments:

Post a Comment